I just wanted to have one last little play with the teeny tiny balloon punch from the Party Punch Pack before it retired.
The colour combination has come from this weeks colour challenge over at Can You Case it? [CYCI#121]
Light purple and yellows are not colours I tend to go for, so naturally I’m curious about the challenge!
I’ve seen many gorgeous collections of balloons flying all over social media. Whilst they do look gorgeous they also can look daunting to attempt and I’m often left wondering how to assemble them in such a way they don’t look like a hodge podge of balloons!
There are different ways you can achieve the same result, but to make this easy, here is my approach:
- Punch out a range of sizes of balloon in the colour scheme you are using
- Pick a direction for the way you would like your balloons to fly – in my card they are flying up to the right
- Start with the largest balloon in your size range and place it on the left – do not use adhesive at this point
- Using a balloon in next size down, place above and to the right slightly
- Using another size balloon, place it a little more to the right and either higher or lower in relation to the two you have already placed. Continue this with a few more balloons until you are happy with the quantity and look
- Dot with a couple of tiny balloons to contrast
- Last thing, is to then angle your balloons so that they give the appearance of floating in the direction you want.
Once at this stage, I then photographed my creation so that I had a visual reference to recreate when sticking it together! [Note to self- Lol!]
Something to note is, the final overall group of balloons look better in a circle or oval formation.
I’ve added some depth by using dimensionals to raise some of my balloons. I tied them off with some linen thread and anchored them under the sentiment. Then finished off with a little Glitter from my Wink of Stella pens.
Until next time… Stamp Creatively,