This week, the challenge over at Can You Case It? is a Colour Challenge.
The thing I like about a colour challenge is it makes you use colours you wouldn’t ordinarily opt for. Do you find yourself reaching for your comfortable favourites? I know I do!
It’s all about blues this week and whilst I don’t mind blue, I always tend to keep it in the background not the main feature. So this really took me out of my comfort zone – Yay!
So here is what I came up with. I mixed in some new stamps with older stamps in my collection as well as mixing in a new blue with an older shade of blue. I touched off with the limey-est green I have.
How did I make this?
- My card base is A6 size (148mm x 210mm – folded in half). The colour is Dapper Denim.
- Layering panel is 100mm x 142mm in Tempting Turquoise.
- The white panel is 90mm x 132mm in Whisper White.
- Inked up the scribbly background stamp from the You’ve Got This stamp set in Temping turquoise and stamped in the centre of the card. Then I adhered these together – White onto the turquoise onto the cardbase.
- Using Dapper Denim and Pear Pizzazz markers I inked up the flower, stamped it onto some scrap Whisper White cardstock and hand cut the flower. I set this aside while making my sentiment.
- I created the sentiment using the new Birthday Banners (sentiments in Pear Pizzazz) and Banners for You (banner flag in Dapper Denim) stamp sets and punched it out using the coordinating Bunch of banners framelits.
- I got my flower and sentiment and worked them together into the positioned I liked first. Then I used snail adhesive on my flower, sticking that flat. I adhered my banner sentiment over the top with some dimensionals.
So let’s see what you create with these colours!
Until next time… Stamp Creatively,
What I used to make this: