Is it too early for Christmas? I know some people do a range of events for Christmas in July… but August? Living on the edge for this weeks Sketch Challenge over at Can You Case It? #132, that’s what I did!
Here is the Sketch….
And here is my card….
Okay, I may have taken up a little more real estate for my sentiment, but you can’t help it when you have such gorgeous stamps to play with. This set is a hostess exclusive called Time of Year and it a little gem.
The other gorgeous little accessory I love, is that foil acetate. I love that you get one side printed in gold and one side printed in silver (so clever!).
How I made this:
- Base card is a standard A6 size – here I have used Thick Whisper White
- Using Real Red ink, I stamped my decorative texture element from the Touches of Texture stamp set
- Next I cut my flag, slicing my foil acetate to 1 ½” x 3” and punched one end with the Banner punch
- Using strategically placed glue dots I adhere this on to my card base
- The glue dots where covered by the Real Red ribbon bow
- Moving on to the “Thinking of You” stamp, I embossed this in gold. First, prepping my cardstock with my embossing buddy, I then stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink, then sprinkling with the gold powder. After removing the excess, I heat set the image
- Finishing off with the banner sentiment, I stamped this in Real Red ink and punched is out using the Bunch of Banners framelit. I also stamped one to my envelope to coordinate
- I tied the two sentiments together with the word “this” stamped in Crumb Cake ink
- Lucky last is my envelope, using markers to ink up my holly I finished off my envelope.
I love to have a range of cards to create that are nice and quick and easy.
Can’t wait to see what you create with this Sketch – entries close Midday Saturday (Australian EST).
Until next time… Stamp Creatively,
What I used to make this: