… and who doesn’t like pets?! We’re celebrating pets over at Can You Case it? #134 for this week’s challenge.
You can follow the sketch in the graphic or you can freestyle your design, either way it just needs to celebrate your Pet!
I must admit, I don’t actually own a pet – eek!. We would like to, but our lifestyle at the moment is too busy and I don’t think that is very fair to a four-legged family member. So it’s just us for now.
But if I did have a pet, I would choose a cat. I think this is because they reflect my personality in some ways – independent and self sufficient. Here is my pet for this week…
Using my trusty Foxy Friends stamp set and Fox builder punch, I created my little ginger friend.
How I made this:
- The card base is A6 size (148.5mm x 210mm) scored in half to create a portrait card. The colour is Calypso Coral.
- The Designer Series Paper – is the coordinating A Little Foxy paper stack. I cut a piece 70mm x 100mm.
- The top layer is Whisper White (100mm x 142mm). I first punch the Oval, centering it horizontally, but more toward the top of the card font.
- Next I stamped the vine along the sides of the punch line. This stamp come in a circle shape, so l laid my clear block over the top of the edge of oval punch and used this as a template to bend my stamp to match the oval shape. The flexibility of photopolymer stamps is great feature! The colour is Smokey Slate.
- Then I stamped my mushrooms at the bottom. The colour is Calypso Coral.
- I began building the card by positioning my layer piece over the cardstock, so that I could get a visual on where to stick my pattern paper piece underneath. I stuck the patterned paper down flat, first. Then used Dimensionals to stick the White layer piece over the top.
- Next I cut a strip of Whisper White (25mm x 110mm) and punch a flag end to one side.
- I stamped my sentiment. The colour is Pool Party. I adhered this to my card towards the bottom of the oval.
- Next I created my little ginger friend, by using the individual stamp pieces to stamp and punch out. The colour is Calypso Coral.
- I used Memento Black ink to stamp the facial features.
- I adhered the body and tail at the same time, positioning them so that the tail tucked behind the body but the tip over-lapped the oval.
- I used dimensionals to adhere the head.
- The ribbon detail is the 3.2mm Stitched Ribbon. The colour is Smokey Slate. I tied a simple bow and used glue dots to adhere.
- Finishing off with a coordinated envelope, I stamped one of the full body animal stamps in Smokey Slate and added cat features in Memento Black.
I’m really looking forward to seeing your pet creations this week, when you play along with us at Can You Case It?
Until next time…. Stamp Creatively,
What I used to make this: