I love the Sketch over at Can You Case It? #136 this week – I use it all the time. I don’t mean to, I just love it, so naturally just do without thinking about it too much.
I think it’s a great way of adding interest by offsetting the layers to create all those extra angles and shapes without adding too much bulk to your card.
Here is my card for this week. So this card is special, I made it for my Stampin’ Up! upline to celebrate her recent promotion. She really is fantastic in so many way, so I really hope she likes it.
This card using one of the new stamps sets in Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday catalogue – It’s a Celebration! I love it as it’s not a specific Christmassy one. It’s about fireworks and sparklers for a celebrations – New Year cards or Engagement cards, anything that makes you want to crack open a bottle of bubbly! That’s what I wanted to do when I heard about her recent promotion.
I’ve used heat embossing to a give it metallic sparkle finish with copper and silver powders. I’ve also used the new yummy copper foil sheets and topped it off with some coordinating copper metallic thread.
How I made this:
- Using a standard A6 card base in landscape orientation (210mm x 148.5mm scored at 105mm)
- I cut two layers at the same size – 90 x 130mm in both Copper foil sheet and whisper white
- I adhered the copper foil sheet to the base card in an offset manner – like the sketch!
- I embossed the whisper white card stock with alternating copper and silver embossing powders using the different sparkler stamps in the set
- I adhere this over the top of the copper foil sheet in the opposite direction.
- I embossed the sentiment in silver powder on whisper white cardstock (25mm x 90mm) and used the triple banner punch to cut flags to both ends
- I cut a strip of copper foil sheet (10mm x 130mm) and hand cut flags to both ends
- I adhered the two banners together and fixed dimensionals to the back
- Winding the copper thread around in a circle motion to finish of the sentiment and adhered this to the front of my card.
- Lastly, I stamped sparkler images to the envelope to coordinate.
It’s a fun sketch design, so I can’t wait to see what you create with it. Be sure to link your creation by Midday next Saturday (AEST) for your chance to be in this weeks winning picks.
Until next time…. Stamp Creatively,
What I used to make this: