I love bells – Church bell, Christmas bells, even little “calling” bells… I love the sounds the make.
When I was in Europe earlier this year, we stayed around the corner from a Church and the bells sounded ever quarter hour starting at 5.30am. I loved it, as you could tell the time by the different sounds they chimed and they are melodic in their music, not annoying at all.
My favourite are Christmas bells… I love the sound the make the most. It instantly puts a smile on my face and my mood lifts. I think they call to my inner child wonder and excitement!
That’s why, when I saw the Seasonal Bells Bundle in this years Holiday catalogue, it was at the top of my list. I love stamps and punches for the quick and ease they allow for creating and these are no exception. They come with four different bell designs and a flourish and some sentiments for Christmas. But what I really like is that there are designs for Weddings too, making the set versatile for all year round.
Today, I have a Christmas theme using these bells.
This card also features the Frosted Medallions stamps set, another favourite was that medallion – how gorgeous is it?! I used the Emboss Resist technique and some sponging to highlight it.
Topping it off with some Emerald Envy Ruched ribbon and Bakers twine for hanging and a little bling.
How I made this:
- Using a standard A6 card base (210mm x 148.5mm scored at 105mm) in Whisper White thick cardstock
- The next layer is 95mm x 132mm. The colour is Real Red
- The final layer is 90mm x 127mm. The colour is Whisper White
- I embossed the medallion from the Frosted Medallions stamp set, with White embossing powder, onto the Whisper White layer. I lifted the position a little higher than the middle to allow for the sentiment at the bottom
- I sponged Emerald Envy ink in a circular motion over the embossed medallion to reveal it’s beautiful design. Always starting from the centre of the stamped image, apply the ink in light circular motions.
- Continue to apply ink until you are happy with its intensity, taking a minute to polish off excess ink from the image every few minutes
- Stamp the sentiment beneath your embossed image. The colour is Real Red ink
- Adhere the Whisper White layer to the Real Red cardstock layer
- Fix the Ruched ribbon across the top of the medallion image, apply your adhesive to the back allowing the front to sit free. The colour is Emerald Envy
- Stamp your two favourite bells from the set
- Punch them out using the coordinating Bell punch. Using the handheld 3.2mm circle punch, punch out the holes at the top of your bells.
- Fix your bells together using dimensionals for height
- Using Twine from the Candy Cane Lane bakers twine combo pack, thread some through the holes
- Stick the bells in place and tie off the twine by threading beneath the ruche ribbon
- Using dimensionals, adhere the bells layer to the cardbase
- Stamp coordinating bells on the envelope.
I’m sure I’ll be back with more ideas using this set for both Christmas and for other occassions too.
Until next time… Stamp Creatively,
What I used to make this: