It’s very Christmassy over at Can You Case It?#142 this fornight…. well… I think so anyway. I love the colours that are on for this fortnight’s challenge.
They are very regal and elegant, I think Christmassy too – Eggplant, Silver and Neutrals.
Here is my card for this challenge.
I know I’ve said this before, but I just love those Bells! And don’t they look just as gorgeous embossed in Silver?! Here, I have team them up with the Frosted Medallions stamp set in Elegant Eggplant.
This card what pretty quick and easy to make – which suits me well right now as I’m waaaay behind on my Christmas card making this year (they are usually about to go out in the post about now!).
How I made this:
- Card base is standard A6 portrait card (148.5mm x 210mm, scored and folded in half at 105mm). The colour is Elegant Eggplant.
- The next layer is Silver Foil sheets, cut to 100mm x 142mm.
- The top layer is Whisper White Cardstock, cut to 95mm x 137mm and embossing with the Softly falling embossing folder.
- The Frosted Medallions stamp is on Vellum cardstock, stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink. It’s punched out using Layering Circle Framelits.
- I’ve have used Tombow Multi-purpose liquid glue to adhere each of these layers.
- On top are the Seasonal Bells stamps, embossed in Silver Embossing powder and punched out using the coordinating Bell punch.
- They are finished off with a piece of 1/8” Silver Ribbon, tied in a knot. I punched holes in the bells using the Hand held punch.
- These are adhered with Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from two different sets – the “Merry” is stamped directly onto the Whisper White layer, in Elegant Eggplant ink. This is from the Banners for Christmas stamp set; – the “Christmas” is stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink and punched using the Bunch of Banners framelits, it is from the Time of Year Hostess exclusive stamp set.
- Lastly is the coordinated stamped envelope.
I can’t wait to see what you create with these colours. For all the details, visit the
Can You Case It? website. Entries close Midday, Saturday 17th December (Australian ESDT).
Until next time… Stamp Creatively,
What I used to make this: