Welcome to this colour challenge with the Colour INKspiration crew. Welcome if you have joined me from Rachel or if you are starting here with me. We have an awesome colour combination for you to play with this time, they are:
Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Gold.
Here is my inspiration. I have gone with a Mothers Day themed card, using the A Mothers Flair stamp set.
I have always found Pink Pirouette to be a very light shade of pink so when I want to use it for watercolouring backgrounds, getting a dark enough coverage, can be challenging. Obviously, water colouring washes out the colour, so this is how I went about achieving a darker background:
- I used the ink pad and lightly tapped it directly on the cardstock, I used Shimmery White cardstock;
- Next, I used an aqua painter and blended the ink together, providing a smooth appearance;
- I repeated this process again, building up the depth in colour. This allowed for a more intense pink, than what the tradition ink would give; and
- Lastly, I squeezed a few drops of water from the aqua painter and allowed them to drop on to the cardstock in different spots. This moved the ink around the surface of the cardstock, allowing it to pool in other places to create that watered edge look.
- I dried it off with my heat tool, just for speed. But this can be air dried if time permits.
I love how it came together. Now to finish my card.
I overlayed the water coloured background onto Pink Pirouette cardstock, which was adhered to a Night of Navy cardbase.
The embellishments over the stop featured a flourish in Gold Foil from the Petals & More thinlit die set, a cut square using the Stitched Shapes Framelits, a 1 ½” circle punched from Whisper White cardstock. This was layered with a Scallop Circled punched shape from Pink Pirouette cardstock. Off the top right, featured a dragonfly in Gold Foil from the Detailed Dragonflies thinlit set.
Lastly, my stamped images – I just love all the sweet girly style imagery that feature in the A Mother’s Flair stamp set. They are just so delicate and so very useful for many different occasions. There are a couple of sentiments that can be used for other occasions also, and a few that are Mother specific.
Here I stamped the hat in Night of Navy ink and fussy cut it. I coloured the flower with a Pink Pirouette marker and used dimensionals to adhere this over the circle punched shapes. I added my sentiment to the bottom right and finished off with a couple of gold faceted gems.
I really like how this turned out and look forward to giving this one away in a few weeks. I hope that I have inspired your Mothers Day projects. I know there are many out there who may not have their own mums along side them just now, but there are still a lot of Mums out there, many who are doing it tough. Stop and look around you and bless them with one of your lovely creations.
Next up in the hop is the amazing Kelly Kent.
Once you have enjoyed all the amazing inspiration in this hop, pop over to our Facebook Challenge group and load up your creation using these colours. This challenge is open until 7pm, Monday 7th May. Look forward to seeing you over on the group.
Until next time… Stamp Creatively,
Click to shop these supplies: